This site is meant to provide free html website templates and conversion to free Joomla templates and Basic How to.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

How to upload image from Joomla frontend

I was trying to upload a image to show in the content as a publisher but couldn't. I did not realize that front-end users are not able to upload picture to the media manager by default. So here's the simple solution that I found out.

Files you need:

Steps :
  1. Install JCE Admin Component
  2. Install JCE Editor Mambot
  3. Choose JCE WYSIWYG as default editor
There you go, now you can upload images from front-end.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

your links are out of date and no longer work

BP said...

Thanks, fixed it.

Anonymous said...

I followed your instructions and the module runs well but I don't see anything in the front end.

How do I get this button for image import visible on the front end?

In fact I want people to upload their picture so I can paint them so I need to store the pic somewhere.

please advice , thanks in advance
Jeroen

Anonymous said...

Hello, followed your instructions and completely lost connection with my database ..

Any solution for this ?

free photo said...

But it's really great that you get to all these picture editing and stuff for free. What's even better is that you can share your pics online without having pay for anything.