This site is meant to provide free html website templates and conversion to free Joomla templates and Basic How to.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Sending command to GSM Modem using php

I have a project on integrating sms module into Joomla interface. I found a php_serial class that enables sending command through serial port by using php. I have tested it through hyperterminal and it works perfectly well, but when I tested it with GSM Modem, the AT command seems to be not working. Anyone has an idea of how to use the php_serial to send AT command to GSM Modem? If you have any clue on how to send AT command using php_serial, please inform me :) Thanks
Here's my code

include "php_serial.class.php";

// Let's start the class
$serial = new phpSerial;

$serial->deviceSet("COM1");
$serial->confBaudRate(115200);
$serial->confCharacterLength(8);
$serial->confParity("none");
$serial->confStopBits(1);
$serial->confFlowControl("xonxoff");

$serial->deviceOpen();

$serial->sendMessage("at+cmgs=\"+6583569765\"\r");
$serial->sendMessage("hello".chr(26));

$serial->deviceClose();

?>

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say php is not very suited for this type of application.